The Federation of Recon Island is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 424 million Recon Islandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coyote City. The average income tax rate is 23.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Recon Islandian economy, worth 49.5 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 116,782 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, it's normal to start working life with crippling financial debt, bars are packed at all hours, and the flight attendant who draws the short straw is on "cockpit bucket duty". Crime is totally unknown. Recon Island's national animal is the Coyote, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, the flight attendant who draws the short straw is on "cockpit bucket duty".
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, it's normal to start working life with crippling financial debt.
- : Recon Island was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Free Las Pinas.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Recon Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Recon Island was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, Recon Island's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded.
- : Following new legislation in Recon Island, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
Endorsements Received: 114 » Kuriko, Nooooooooooooooo, Valentian Elysium, Colonel Terrosit, Solarampa, Krystalveil, The Pipiles, Zeganas, Tamsalin, The Rocky, Whine Psyder, Wysrod, New Fania, Ascended Union, A R V E R N A, Randopian, Constantinolia, Saybel, Quwoe, Athontia, Karlando, Republic of Libriano, BRVTOPIA, Airday, Anisopterra, Mittal Land, QuazaFire, Final Universal Order, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Discotheque, Greenmont Federation, Jimjam Goober, Isentran, Anollasia, Iontan, Chip Skylark, Neojinkotsu, Kebecois, Ao Kuang, Northern Nivaria, Johnne Green, Kaltovar, Eazykillerstan, Tills, AciaciaMont, Sheathacaeia, Nemohsis, Est Edmus Turs, Ravencorp, Manonmanistan, and 64 others.Zinzdan, Snakeden, United East Republics, Mat She, West Whale, Hellenic Exusia, The Republic of Osea, Maddledom, Achiotopia, Bumrum, Amabanana, The Soylent Green Party, Afriesinele, City of Saint Nicolas, Sovieka, Borkiania, AliEN A, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, A Country Run by Scientists, Xemja, Untied coconuts government, Evertopia, Loofdland, Itic, Republic of Karskarovyt, Ehrgeizig, The Pizza, Free Land of Malopolska, Liberdon, Haivon, Alleida, Lunador, Sastaora, REPUBLICA LEGIONARA ROMANIA, Nilveroe, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, Basilonland, Shabandra, Andaristiva, United North American Islands, Empire of Red, KaldDalen, Vivolkha, Drewish, Ferte, Calrad, Creeptopia, Isla Alcyon, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Wuerttenberg, Kel Veran, Northern Bucovina, Bailsland, Islands of Czechia, Lisokyo, Eppur, Bortheria, and Free Las Pinas.