The People's Republic of Rathanur is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Halrax with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ban on automobiles, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.706 billion Rathanurians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rathano. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Rathanurian economy, worth 854 trillion antarins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 181,475 antarins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million antarins of property damage, and government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rathanur's national animal is the cockatrice, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Humanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million antarins of property damage.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Rathanur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn A Bloodred Moon".
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
- : Following new legislation in Rathanur, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Laniron, Beansburrow, Scunt, Bitty Kitty, Paragonisa, Republic of Markano, Jonewestia, Mattielandia, Kurtwal, Democratic Republic of Appomattox, Takh Avros, The Litterbox, New Lablerith, Lys Deks Rahry, Tevaris, Chicken Tenderland, Maleno, Jixdelistan, Suomalainem, Wawawewa, Dictatorship Union, The Freakin Guardians of the Galaxy, The Moroccan Kingdom, Seatedoniskarchostopia, Hindoka, Pekichow, Solisautemare, Egosoc, Jonlantis, Unicornism, Pinu, United Nations of Gaia, Kayestha, Bel Falas, Mafuteru, Imperium of Josh, Nationary, Galgos italis, Gosline, Co-Dairy, Crpostran, Ghad, Lower Houna Pla Bayia, Sprintz, Bridgett, Ordericium, Empresa, IB Larioth, Zakronia, Sostenad, and 9 others.Eshington, REPUBLIC OF GORKHA, Erroria, DeNorSweLand, Altino, Femcia, Northern Nova, Aeraven, and Boston Harbor.