The United Socialist States of Rahatalia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Samir Bihmoutine with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, free-roaming dinosaurs, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.897 billion Sharmis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sharmipore. The average income tax rate is 85.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rahatalian economy, worth 227 trillion Shwarmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 120,039 Shwarmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, and hockey players who drop their gloves discard them on abandoned baseball mitts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rahatalia's national animal is the Giraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rahatalia, hockey players who drop their gloves discard them on abandoned baseball mitts.
- : Following new legislation in Rahatalia, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children.
- : Following new legislation in Rahatalia, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery.
- : Rahatalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens, Highest Average Tax Rates, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Rahatalia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Rahatalia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Rahatalia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Rahatalia, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Following new legislation in Rahatalia, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Rahatalia, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
Endorsements Received: 55 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Valentian Elysium, Tzo, Kuriko, Anollasia, Seranis, Wysrod, Achiotopia, QuazaFire, Testa, Seantonia, Isentran, Kebecois, Nooooooooooooooo, Northern Nivaria, Zeganas, Ferte, Iontan, Lamborghini Murcielago, Karlando, New Fania, Ignis Cinere, Zyrcrestia, Randopian, Grimmywelsh, Carbo Nation, Echocrimsonia, Azziraphalia, Krystalveil, Kaltovar, Solarampa, The Republic of Osea, Aspistania, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Xemja, Evertopia, Maalemzya, Ehrgeizig, Leprechaun Gold, Anisopterra, Great Ranges, Namakan, Vivolkha, Reasonin, Greenmont Federation, The Pizza, Kachikawawa, and 5 others.Waitiki, AciaciaMont, United North American Islands, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.