The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Pythagoras with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, otherworldly petting zoo, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.206 billion Pythagans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pythia. The average income tax rate is 15.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Pythagan economy, worth 168 trillion Pyths a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 139,874 Pyths, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Helicopter parenting is on the rise, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes, and high-tech infantry rifles automatically reload when the soldier shoots outside the screen of their helmet HUD. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pythaga's national animal is the Cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Unapologetic Feminists of Frieden-und Freudenland.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Tsardom of Lura.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Confederacy of Novian Republics.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bananaistan.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Terrabod.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Harmony of Feladria.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Green Technocracy of Uan aa Boa.
- : Following new legislation in Pythaga, high-tech infantry rifles automatically reload when the soldier shoots outside the screen of their helmet HUD.