|Leader||Grand Duke Lodewick III Sthelschwaerdt|
|Faith||The Roman Catholic Church|
The Blessed Grand Duchy of Pollica is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Grand Duke Lodewick III Sthelschwaerdt with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, devout population of 1.341 billion Pollicans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nasserat. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Pollican economy, worth 131 trillion Argens a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,189 Argens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies, the reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation, and selling your granddad's clothes requires an incredible amount of paperwork. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pollica's national animal is the Wolverine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Roman Catholic Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pollica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, selling your granddad's clothes requires an incredible amount of paperwork.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, the reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies.
- : Pollica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Following new legislation in Pollica, Pollica's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Imperium Anglorum, The Seven Provinces, Republic of Satherland, Greate San Marino, Yahlia, The Champions League, Nardin, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, An Clar, Saint Domingo, Troltovia, Outer Sparta, Feria-Alkaline, St Scarlett, Kenmoria WA Mission, Viciebskaja, Far Lim Ter, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, Gingera, Northern German Federation, Slavorussia, The New Nordic Union, Thracia and Crimea, Irminsulia, GanymedEuropa, Elisabethshagen, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Alsted, Wombelland, Nuweland, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, The Kingdom of Denmark, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Supcotia, Mallesia, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Mantcor, Walfo, Regnum Italiae, Betasia, Wessex and Cornwall, Chioganah, Porury, and 15 others.The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Preusses, Apabeossie, Enway, The Greater Eastern Republic, Einswenn, Lyallpur, Shagolaa, Elitestland, Sienkahn, Socialist Balkans, and Jim the Baptist.