|Faith||Culto do Sol Reluzente|
The Shogunate of Peterandia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Shogun Pedro with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 30.776 billion Peterandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lagos. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Peterandian economy, worth an astonishing 15,968 trillion paus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is a breathtaking 518,852 paus, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring, Shogun Pedro's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes, and vaccinations are mandatory. Crime is totally unknown. Peterandia's national animal is the gambuzino, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Culto do Sol Reluzente.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Peterandia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Peterandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Peterandia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Peterandia relocated from Novo Brasil to 10000 Islands.
- : Peterandia relocated from Portugal to Novo Brasil.
- : Peterandia's influence in Portugal rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Peterandia's influence in Portugal rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Peterandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Peterandia's influence in Portugal rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Peterandia's influence in Portugal rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".