The Democratic Republic of Perfect Italy is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 441 million Italians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Perfect Italyian economy, worth 33.0 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is 74,733 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals, and the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Perfect Italy's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing.
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows.
- : Perfect Italy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, Leader can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees.
- : Perfect Italy was endorsed by The April Joy of Apabeossie.
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Following new legislation in Perfect Italy, every microwave and toaster is being disassembled and probed by inspectors.
- : Perfect Italy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Elisabethshagen, NorthPortugal, North of Americas, Invernessia, Yahlia, Rivierenland, Thracia Republic, Meropis, Walfo, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dark Matter, Wombelland, Ausvelt, The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Ashckar, Jim the Baptist, Savinecross, Abject Ludicrosity, Destyntine, Republic of Satherland, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Super Happy Land, Shaor, An Clar, Someseni, Kanokla, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Wessex and Cornwall, Greater Icelandia, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, New Ylicia, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Greater Albaina, Valtrona, Elania Kingdom, Estoniia, and 7 others.Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, South St Maarten, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, Greater Tomland, and Apabeossie.