The Democratic Republic of PembrokeLand is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, soft-spoken computers, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 265 million PembrokeLandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Osceola Heights. The average income tax rate is 38.4%.
The strong PembrokeLandian economy, worth 12.1 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 45,822 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PembrokeLand's national animal is the Old Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- : PembrokeLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in PembrokeLand, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated.
- : PembrokeLand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
Endorsements Received: 101 » Alunya, Notyoutopia, Corfad, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Fayyayid, The Rhein States, Black Templares, Jasminlandia, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, Egalico, Uganda Knuckles UK, PlanetPunk, VarDrade, Sunto, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Tappan Hills, Acrabinnia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Bayern-Straubing, Frances Francis the First of France, Zemnaya Svoboda, Omnistria, Newpromisedland, National Goats, Sil Dorsett, Napnomadia, Buckerino, Steampunk Ariel, Peldorn, Kirostan, Saturns Edge, Kwaj, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Shadowrik, Unimaginable Doom, Plangainer, THX1138, Ibiscaton, General COE, Guslantis, and 51 others.United Draconia, Yaorozu, SillyString, Federation Terra Australis, Unsophisticate, Spartoptia, Novare Res, Maott, Steraz, Sheldanada, Racoda, Wineclaw, Ejhsa, Guer Aike, The Notorious Mad Jack, Pleroma Sans Romans, New Pruessen, Holy Oranz, Kasazzastan, Kulgatha, Selfgradatude, Q w e r t y, Dreadton, Liberum Mundi, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Coprianus, Lomjia, Torakuen, Haor Chall, The United States of Romania, 1 very fast endotarter, New Bremerton, Pasargad, Sanjurika, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Ethnon, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Niradans, Thiammyalllaland, British Pacific Islands, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Castle Federation, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, and Test for a new hope.