|Faith||The originals of the forest|
The Demarchan Republic of Parliamentary Laramidia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Bernice Williams with a fair hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, pith helmet sales, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 4.481 billion Laramidians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vorerah. The average income tax rate is 82.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Parliamentary Laramidian economy, worth 896 trillion LArs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 200,012 LArs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Life-saving resuscitation is denied based on decades-old teenage diaries that declare "I want to die before I get old", bins outnumber trees in city parks, artists are pillars of society, and the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parliamentary Laramidia's national animal is the Afidatio bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The originals of the forest.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, life-saving resuscitation is denied based on decades-old teenage diaries that declare "I want to die before I get old".
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, homeless people dying of starvation are thought to be a necessary cost of preventing terrorism.
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts.
- : Parliamentary Laramidia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, Bernice Williams will only ring up foreign leaders if they agree to reverse the charges.
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, unwary hikers climbing the bluffs of Mount Vorerah make great practice for foreign snipers.
- : Following new legislation in Parliamentary Laramidia, Harry Potter conventions are closely watched by the government for any signs of 'dueling'.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Regnum Italiae, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Slavonia and Srijem, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, Nevelja, Imperium Anglorum, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, Kaspinia, Northern German Federation, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Greate San Marino, Ahma, The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Troltovia, Nuweland, Outer Sparta, An Clar, Dauershire, Wombelland, Thracia and Crimea, Kenmoria WA Mission, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, GanymedEuropa, Feria-Alkaline, Pilipinas and Malaya, Dark Matter, Chioganah, Bahnhofstrasse, Pazano, Super Happy Land, Nardin, Rouvenor, Umeria, Galway-Dublin, Alympian Kingdom, Bohomo, Germany Third Reich, Maritzal, Ostermarch, Nea Europa, Einswenn, Brakanistan, Puerto Thelosia, Lieges, Weltbeherrschung, and 65 others.Soviet Krussia, South St Maarten, Sinclairtown, Saiwania, Wessex and Cornwall, Quentenia, Purgatio, Milfgaerd, Ansington, Slavorussia, Supcotia, Viciebskaja, British Norklon, Soviet Taoistan, Elisabethshagen, Aslicuria, Lumitauka, Lovisa, Alsted, Novo Portugal, Free Furentenia, Mallesia, WaffleEmpire, Stromia, Neuchateau, Permorania, Kalifer and Baska, Leszno, Walfo, Wismar, Invernessia, Shagolaa, Aluaren, Andreapol, Wiener-Neustadt, Juties, Fearann nan Albannaich, Nookville, Nation of Warfare, Gultravia, RepublicofBlanc, Anskerdank, The-British-Isles, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Wretched of this Earth, Lord Sapre, Nouros, Arsenial, Enway, Sloburg, Valskraa, Evergreen Keys, Godefargen, GeneralStalin, Elitestland, Poland-Kaliningrad, Sienkahn, Legique, Diets, Kanokla, Jim the Baptist, Continental Social Democrats, Riverpost, Alba-Nord, and Daarwyrth.