The Democratic Republic of Pardul is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 308 million Pardulians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pardulvia. The average income tax rate is 40.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Pardulian economy, worth 20.1 trillion Ráks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 65,192 Ráks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, group hugs break out during floor votes, and crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pardul's national animal is the Ram, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pardul changed its national capital to "Pardulvia".
- : Pardul was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Pardul endorsed The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Pardul endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Following new legislation in Pardul, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Following new legislation in Pardul, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Pardul, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in Pardul, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts.
- : Following new legislation in Pardul, polygamy is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Pardul, smoking is banned in public areas.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Northern Nivaria, The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, Valentian Elysium, Ignis Cinere, Kuriko, Free Land of Malopolska, Xemja, Drewish, Itic, Krystalveil, New Fania, Aspistania, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, AciaciaMont, Anisopterra, Maalemzya, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Evertopia, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.