|Leader||Supreme Leader Mr Troller|
The United Socialist States of Pai Land is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Mr Troller with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 932 million Paians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jaho'ue. The average income tax rate is 68.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Paian economy, worth 60.3 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is 64,744 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Supreme Leader Mr Troller's relatives have been married into the royal families of foreign nations against their will, troops clank into battle wearing antique suits of armour, the government violently suppresses separatist movements, and soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pai Land's national animal is the Monkey.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pai Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Land, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers.
- : Pai Land was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Land, the government violently suppresses separatist movements.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Land, troops clank into battle wearing antique suits of armour.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Land, Supreme Leader Mr Troller's relatives have been married into the royal families of foreign nations against their will.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Land, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Land, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Pai Land was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Pai Land voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
Endorsements Received: 50 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Drew Durrnil, Yaravia, Tepertopia, Beblahbleblo, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Land Without Shrimp, Corgitopiaa, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Arscanesia, Chernaya Zvezda, Holota, Achemar, Erstavik, Sou Avida, Wehraboos, The Haughtherlands, PenguinPies, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, Holy Free, Ebonhand, A Place Somewhere, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Donat Invadia, Farengeto, Andinla, Aidenfieeld, Drystar, Sedunn, Zataras, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, TescoPepsi, Bistritza, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Driodal, and Dupanda.