|Leader||Supreme Ruler Cornelius Varus|
|Faith||Cult of the Cassia' Light|
The Holy Empire of Ostreia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Ruler Cornelius Varus with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 2.096 billion Ostreians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paviana. The average income tax rate is 77.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Ostreian economy, worth 224 trillion Imperial marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 106,885 Imperial marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's faithful often say there is a higher power watching over them, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Ostreian grocery store, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and dreams of replicator technology have been dashed following a ban on 3D printers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ostreia's national animal is the Imperial Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Cult of the Cassia' Light.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, dreams of replicator technology have been dashed following a ban on 3D printers.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Ostreian grocery store.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, the nation's faithful often say there is a higher power watching over them.
- : Ostreia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, people say chess victor Supreme Ruler Cornelius Varus can kill you with mind-bullets.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name.
- : Following new legislation in Ostreia, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Invernessia, Meropis, The Seven Provinces, Saint Domingo, Thracia Republic, Francitanie, Northern German Federation, Shaor, Walfo, Rivierenland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Champions League, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, North of Americas, Irminsulia, Mons Graupius, Yahlia, St Scarlett, Ausvelt, Dark Matter, GanymedEuropa, Owlograd, Abject Ludicrosity, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Regnum Italiae, The New Nordic Union, Estoniia, Jim the Baptist, Kadict, Destyntine, Leranditale, Viktorias, Republic of Satherland, Enway, Someseni, Kanokla, Nardin, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, and Mynox.