The Federal Republic of Orizzia is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Adar with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 770 million Orizzians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Virtualia. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Orizzian economy, worth 74.6 trillion lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. Average income is 96,947 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Virtualia Times is sold out, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, and an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orizzia's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orizzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Virtualia Times is sold out.
- : Orizzia changed its national leader to "Adar".
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, aeroplanes have been converted into housing units after all air travel was outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive.
- : Following new legislation in Orizzia, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Amerion, Tepertopia, Ever Testing, Xandev, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, The Solar System Scope, Holota, PenguinPies, Bear Connors Paradiso, Isokenzar, Corgitopiaa, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Bawkie, Erstavik, Kricivk, Bleakfoot, Chernaya Zvezda, Wehraboos, Arscanesia, Achemar, Andinla, Antarctic Empires, Land Without Shrimp, Farengeto, Cucutenium, Cereskia 2, Kanatian Percocet, Aidenfieeld, Sou Avida, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Ebonhand, Holy Free, Gymnostan, Sedunn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsunamy, Ipugao, Jehenna, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, Oppalli, North Pernambuco, Goom Bay, Forbidden Territories, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Karimata, Nowa Europa, Volaworand, and 19 others.Prairiegrass, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Brazilian impero2, The republic of Konsa, Skaladoria, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, TescoPepsi, Doge Land, Akimera, Rebel-topia, Max Siotto, Tyrantistica, Greneria, Comfed, Bistritza, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.