The Kiwi Bird Forest of Ordealius is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Samantha Talon with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 13.952 billion kiwi birds are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Environment, although Spirituality and Administration are also considered important, while Defense and Public Transport receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Danny Station. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Ordealian economy, worth 980 trillion fruits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 70,250 fruits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All recreational drugs are legal, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award, and escargots have lost their charm ever since they started to be called 'cooked land snails'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ordealius's national animal is the Kiwi Bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Kiwi-ism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ordealius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Ordealius, escargots have lost their charm ever since they started to be called 'cooked land snails'.
- : Following new legislation in Ordealius, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award.
- : Following new legislation in Ordealius, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Ordealius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Ordealius, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Ordealius, Samantha Talon is refusing to make decisions until the Moon is out of Capricorn.
- : Ordealius was endorsed by The Forested Republic of Edible Plywood.
- : Ordealius was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Ordealius was endorsed by The Republic of The World Wildlife Fund.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Lura, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Terrabod, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Effazio, Daarwyrth, Frieden-und Freudenland, East Stederland, Cat-Herders United, Kepler-0085, Ironic Remarks, The Black Forrest, Atsvea, The Most Serene Republicans, Simbolon, The Cypher Nine, Shalotte, Eryndlynd, Forgotten Beauty, The Void Territories, Hoochlandia, Feladria, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Artemis, Hyon Delta, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Ashrah, Novian Republics, Kawastyselir, New Ladavia, Cuillin, Verdant Haven, Dasche, Window Land, Ancorai, Love and Nature, Girelna, Roless, Zinguanaville, Uan aa Boa, Ziotah and Riverside, Canaltia, Lugnan, Blon Gre, Blue Nagia, Twiliydawn, Crowacia, and 18 others.Chilledsville, The Long Valley, Uniania Geeth, Tscharva, Alcantaria, Taco Respublic, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Litauengrad, Bananaistan, Jutsa, Entitize, Caterasia, Norginlajicratefe, Kannap, Bregaria, The World Wildlife Fund, and Edible Plywood.