The Federal Republic of Olmstria is a very large, genial nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working population of 171 million Olmstrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 27.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Olmstrian economy, worth 11.2 trillion Olms a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 65,464 Olms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Farmers are struggling to keep up with demand for local produce, minorities play dumb to get more welfare payments, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Olmstria's national animal is the Chamois, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Olmstria was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Dizgovzy.
- : Olmstria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Olmstria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in Olmstria, most barbers are also surgeons.
- : Following new legislation in Olmstria, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Olmstria, minorities play dumb to get more welfare payments.
- : Following new legislation in Olmstria, farmers are struggling to keep up with demand for local produce.
- : Following new legislation in Olmstria, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Olmstria was endorsed by The Republic of Peabodia.
- : Olmstria was endorsed by The Elected Monarchy of World Trade.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Hulldom, Besancia, Castarilia, The Peoples Caribbean Union, ASEAN Nations, Korsinia, Islonia, Titanne, The Bigtopia, Shoila, Marvinville, The Marconian State, Fishergate, Lemonadia, Rushenberg, Emazia, Broustan, Rivogna, World Trade, Peabodia, and Dizgovzy.