The Federation of Old Atlantica is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Alpacapatrol with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, state-planned economy, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, cheerful population of 15.784 billion Atlanticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alpacaville. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Atlantican economy, worth a remarkable 8,879 trillion Rainsticks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 562,577 Rainsticks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, being Alpacapatrol has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Atlantican lands, and the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?". Crime is totally unknown. Old Atlantica's national animal is the Alpaca, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lokorism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Atlantican lands.
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, being Alpacapatrol has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Old Atlantica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Old Atlantica was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, tourists visit Old Atlantica to mass-moon Atlantican politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Old Atlantica, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Old Atlantica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
Endorsements Received: 99 » Zeganas, Perzische Keizer, Seantonia, Kyrizstanislav, Anollasia, The Soylent Green Party, Better Indonesia, Chip Skylark, Blogotopia, Karlando, Ferte, Dustwind, Novegia, Coreras, Killettland, Maalemzya, Leirkra, Ironica Butterfly, Free Land of Rebellium, Ghiamonga, Kaltovar, Yakkandiania, Solarampa, Airday, Republic of Libriano, Johnne Green, The Republic of Osea, Vill Send, Medetas, Evertopia, Namakan, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Katitania, Solsevara, Zeklandia, Creeptopia, Ilfarasia, Maconshinbernititte, Holma, Krystalveil, Selu-Ahare, Violent Trees, Mauryana, Tausend Seen, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Venmere, Samonaemia, Grimmywelsh, and 49 others.Testa, Dovant, Faradova, Wysrod, Cathamye, Xanthorrhoea, Herfenzir, Macrasetia, Kharaa, Nolgonia, Empire Of Shield, Coldian, Nami Bays, Hicuria, The Galactic American Imperium, Alski, Hashari Darussalam, Austral Imperium, Kaprein, Malayn, New Aierlund, Second Peenadian, Righteous Freedoms For the People, Puffandria, Saint Nations, New Caratonia, Greater Theowherveld, Luzfria, Markanite, Phello, Counties of Cracow, Rog Mily, New Gothonia, Jaegerpondonia, Caribbia, Fractethyst, The Divine Elephant, Strigberg, Dolorado, Malevos, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Entente da madeira, Clialaad, United Kolance, Bondgalm, Selinoz, Verbool, and Havesia.