The Spectre of October Revolution is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 7.567 billion Bolsheviks love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 49.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Bolshevik economy, worth 271 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 35,940 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, voting is compulsory, organ donation rates have hit a new low, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. October Revolution's national animal is the armed worker, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : October Revolution's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : October Revolution applied to join the World Assembly.
- : October Revolution relocated from Contabesco to Artificial Solar System.
- : October Revolution resigned from the World Assembly.
- : October Revolution's influence in Contabesco rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : October Revolution lost the endorsement of The Edgy Puppet Name of Edge of Life.
- : October Revolution was endorsed by The Edgy Puppet Name of Edge of Life.
- : October Revolution endorsed The Edgy Puppet Name of Edge of Life.
- : October Revolution relocated from Artificial Solar System to Contabesco.
- : October Revolution was admitted to the World Assembly.