|Leader||Rex Luso Agassu|
The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rex Luso Agassu with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, free-roaming dinosaurs, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, devout population of 13.839 billion Portuguese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisboa. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Portuguese economy, worth a remarkable 1,915 trillion Novo Escudoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,412 Novo Escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten, and barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Lisboa Natural History Museum. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Novo Portugal's national animal is the Lince Ibérico, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, barbed wire entanglements and guard towers surround the Lisboa Natural History Museum.
- : Novo Portugal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, passwords to nuclear codes must now contain upper and lower case characters.
- : Novo Portugal was endorsed by The People's Free Empire of Arsenial.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, baiting is a national sport.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Portugal, janitors and factory workers are often better educated than the bosses they work for.
Endorsements Received: 166 » Outer Sparta, Regnum Italiae, North of Americas, Miharr, British Alban, Saiwania, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Blechingia, Galway-Dublin, Lovisa, MFG R, Silumi, Eritei, Purgatio, Old Katy, New Touraine, Bluenstein, Permorania, Nardin, Bohomo, GanymedEuropa, Super Happy Land, Candavia, Nevelja, Beauprix, Aslicuria, Enway, Mallesia, Death Bat, Egyptian Mamluk Sultanate, Arorska, Lord Sapre, Maritzal, Thracia Republic, The Wretched of this Earth, Domton, Imperium Anglorum, Kaspinia, Wombelland, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, Ostermarch, Pilipinas and Malaya, Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Kanokla, British Norklon, Estonesia, Pollica, Einswenn, Litalia Vala, and 116 others.Toaddia, Baycanistan, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Treehound, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Aragonja, Navence, Kingarria, The Mongol Plain, New Rickiland, Germany Third Reich, Dark Matter, Leranditale, Brakanistan, Slavonia and Srijem, Yoannes, Rouvenor, Parliamentary Laramidia, Trixeland, Thracia and Crimea, HYDRA-Russian Empire, Lieges, The Pagan Moon, Atenburgh, Boldia, The-British-Isles, Nation of Warfare, Neuchateau, Lumitauka, Thils, Socialist Balkans, Cytadela, Troltovia, Soviet Taoistan, Migurson, Kardjali, Saint Domingo, St Scarlett, Nedeslavia, ENOTRIA, Dauershire, Milfgaerd, Stromia, Nea Europa, Puerto Thelosia, Wessex and Cornwall, Monkistan, Trollheimgard, The New Nordic Union, Cassaracen, Quentenia, Umeria, Volara, The Scandinavian Realm, Ansington, Carignanum, Leszno, Amicities, Falvaard, The Seven Provinces, Carphelia, WaffleEmpire, Eesenland, Republic of Satherland, Maanenland, New Ylicia, Slavorussia, Nuweland, Supcotia, Indoctia, Hirota, An Clar, Bahnhofstrasse, Soviet Krussia, Blighteria, Viciebskaja, Monte Naranja, Belmoren, Durlia, Stukilo, Dombrovia, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Walfo, Betasia, Goldenbourg, Greater Tomland, Greate San Marino, Pazano, Rijland, The Greater Eastern Republic, Feria-Alkaline, Eurasies, Chioganah, Shagolaa, Legique, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Jim the Baptist, Great Winminster, Continental Social Democrats, Riverpost, Alba-Nord, Dylanese Republic, Omi Alliance, Prussian-Union, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Drew Durrnil, The Champions League, Great Robertia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Invernessia, Chronus, Twyndelle, United Engiresco, and Arsenial.