|Capital||Alexandria de Chaldeam|
|Animal||de volucribus sphinge|
The Socialis Statum of Nova Babilonia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Laurentius Hammurabi with an even hand, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, digital currency, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate population of 1.197 billion latin-chaldeans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandria de Chaldeam. The average income tax rate is 90.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient latin-chaldean economy, worth 135 trillion Shekels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 112,788 Shekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia, online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Nova Babilonia, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast, and social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova Babilonia's national animal is the de volucribus sphinge, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secular Astrology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Nova Babilonia.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia.
- : Nova Babilonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Nova Babilonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Babilonia, for some reason the census focuses on daily banana ingestion and hourly quip rate.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Regnum Italiae, Apabeossie, Anskerdank, Prussian-Union, Elisabethshagen, Meropis, Maritzal, Continental Social Democrats, Bareu, Umeria, Imperium Anglorum, Dauershire, Brakanistan, Northwest Isles, Super Happy Land, Someseni, Eco-Paris Reformation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The New Mexican Confederation, Pilipinas and Malaya, Falvaard, Galway-Dublin, An Clar, Christian Terra, Invernessia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Quentenia, Chioganah, The Champions League, Saiwania, Thracia Republic, Ostermarch, Saint Domingo, Walfo, Yahlia, Mynox, Northern German Federation, Kanokla, Othenhiem, Wombelland, Enway, Republic of Satherland, Leszno, Parliamentary Laramidia, Leranditale, Woschia, Shaor, Wessex and Cornwall, North of Americas, Weltbeherrschung, and 55 others.Trixeland, South St Maarten, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Slavonia and Srijem, Germany Third Reich, Dark Matter, Irminsulia, Yoannes, St Scarlett, The New Nordic Union, The Oriental Empire, Abject Ludicrosity, Destyntine, GanymedEuropa, Nea Europa, Jim the Baptist, Anglo-Francios, NorthPortugal, Corsovica, Viktorias, Ausvelt, Rivierenland, Mariannie, Turkenia, Linsenmitspaetzlistan, Eski, Lovisa, Monkistan, The Pontic State, Nuweland, Northwest North Dakota, Sebygang, Titoist Yugoslavia, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Gliesetonia, Slanautandervia, New Ylicia, Poland Dominium, Soviet Taoistan, Kyrica, Soviet Krussia, Nardin, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Armbruster, New Eestiball, Noristoniaka, Bohomo, Emynia, Maalat, En Hassik, Sloburg, and Belmoren.