|Animal||horse with a stick glued to its head|
The Oligarchy of Northlandic Republic is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Council with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 977 million Northlings are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ironbore. The average income tax rate is 37.1%.
The sizeable but inefficient Northlandic economy, worth 47.5 trillion Golden Nuggets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,647 Golden Nuggets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy, ritual mummification is making a comeback, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world", and three-year-olds have tantrums because they don't want to be drainage technicians when they grow up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northlandic Republic's national animal is the horse with a stick glued to its head, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northlandic Republic was endorsed by The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Northlandic Republic lost the endorsement of The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Northlandic Republic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Northlandic Republic, three-year-olds have tantrums because they don't want to be drainage technicians when they grow up.
- : Following new legislation in Northlandic Republic, liberals and conservatives try to disqualify each other's candidates on the grounds that "their ideas would never work in the real world".
- : Following new legislation in Northlandic Republic, ritual mummification is making a comeback.
- : Northlandic Republic was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Northlandic Republic, society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy.
- : Northlandic Republic was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Northlandic Republic endorsed The Republic of Sienkahn.
Endorsements Received: 84 » The Champions League, Outer Sparta, St Scarlett, Galway-Dublin, Troltovia, Republic of Satherland, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Far Lim Ter, Irminsulia, Super Happy Land, Ukraba, Kenmoria WA Mission, The New Nordic Union, Mantcor, An Clar, Greate San Marino, British Alban, Northern German Federation, Imperium Anglorum, GanymedEuropa, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Bluenstein, The Scandinavian Realm, Bathera, Chioganah, Aslicuria, Apabeossie, Free Furentenia, The Mongol Plain, Nardin, Viciebskaja, Pazano, The Kingdom of Denmark, Ahma, Wessex and Cornwall, Dark Matter, Yahlia, Supcotia, Estonesia, Thracia and Crimea, Regnum Italiae, Kaspinia, Bohomo, Soviet Krussia, Wombelland, Yoannes, The Seven Provinces, Germany Third Reich, and 34 others.Death Bat, New Touraine, Falvaard, Nevelja, Soviet Taoistan, Cytadela, Scravovia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, British Norklon, Slavorussia, Feria-Alkaline, Sagral, Gingera, Lovisa, Alsted, Novo Portugal, Elisabethshagen, WaffleEmpire, Leranditale, Mallesia, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Walfo, Porury, Lord Sapre, Preusses, Enway, Einswenn, Pilipinas and Malaya, Brakanistan, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, and Jim the Baptist.