|Leader||PM Athur Lockwood|
The Commonwealth of Norbarch is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by PM Athur Lockwood with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.536 billion Norbarchians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lockwood city. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Norbarchian economy, worth 177 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 115,328 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence, and hordes of tourists are ruining the environment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norbarch's national animal is the Orang Utan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norbarch was endorsed by The Славиданшо of Othenhiem.
- : Following new legislation in Norbarch, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Following new legislation in Norbarch, the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence.
- : Following new legislation in Norbarch, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Norbarch, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma.
- : Norbarch was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Norbarch, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Norbarch endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Norbarch was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Following new legislation in Norbarch, pulling weeds is seen as a threat to national security.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Outer Sparta, Galway-Dublin, Republic of Satherland, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Dark Matter, Saint Domingo, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Yahlia, Germany Third Reich, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Northern German Federation, Jim the Baptist, Toaddia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Walfo, Prussian-Union, Stromia, The New Nordic Union, Feria-Alkaline, An Clar, Elisabethshagen, Alsted, Invernessia, The Champions League, Someseni, Regnum Italiae, Pilipinas and Malaya, Imperium Anglorum, Destyntine, Leranditale, North of Americas, Sloburg, The Scandinavian Realm, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Savinecross, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Socialist Balkans, Nardin, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Sienkahn, Chronus, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, and 21 others.Enway, Crestphalia, NorthPortugal, Ashckar, Owlograd, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Shaor, Greater Icelandia, Kanokla, Apabeossie, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Asparagusia, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, GanymedEuropa, Continental Social Democrats, and Othenhiem.