The Incorporated States of Nomisma is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, zero percent divorce rate, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 463 million Nomismen are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rearden. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Nomisman economy, worth 56.9 trillion guilders a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 122,824 guilders, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,115,514 per year while the poor average 1,560, a ratio of 714 to 1.
An increasing number of citizens believe the world is flat, the hit new medical TV show "Home" prominently features the brand of painkiller the lead doctor is addicted to, mournful opera fans place bouquets of roses at a 3000 capacity parking lot, and teddy bear James Dean (aka "the Rebel Without the Claws") helps convince kids that candy cigarettes are cool. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nomisma's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, teddy bear James Dean (aka "the Rebel Without the Claws") helps convince kids that candy cigarettes are cool.
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, mournful opera fans place bouquets of roses at a 3000 capacity parking lot.
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, the hit new medical TV show "Home" prominently features the brand of painkiller the lead doctor is addicted to.
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, an increasing number of citizens believe the world is flat.
- : Nomisma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Nomisma endorsed The Republic of Los Rodeos.
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war.
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, more and more people are signing up for the government party.
- : Nomisma was endorsed by The Republic of Los Rodeos.
- : Following new legislation in Nomisma, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Wehraboos, Amerion, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Ever Testing, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Drystar, Bawkie, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Aidenfieeld, Arscanesia, Nowa Europa, Volaworand, Holota, Chernaya Zvezda, Jehenna, Eleuthelrium, Great Lothian, Corgitopiaa, Tsunamy, Kringalia, Blondiesland, PenguinPies, Ebonhand, Shintoese, Esterwood, Max Siotto, Farengeto, Holy Free, Tyrantistica, ARIAPOLIS01, Bistritza, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Eae, Shadeth, Driodal, Dupanda, Aflus, Lile Ulie Islands, Taigama, The Hinuan Empire, Gennaretia, No moking, Rhetiaa, Petea, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, and 12 others.Willing Mind, Sureiya, Curlyhoward, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, The Haughtherlands, Sapoe, Evinea, MaPetiteFille, TescoPepsi, Altnavia, and Los Rodeos.