The Republic of New Seallands is a massive, genial nation, ruled by George Jenkins with a fair hand, and renowned for its aversion to nipples, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.294 billion New Seallanders love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seal City. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient New Seallandsian economy, worth 143 trillion seal teeths a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Tourism. Average income is 33,317 seal teeths, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free, autocrats are persona non grata, and it's best not to ask what goes into Seal City Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Seallands's national animal is the dragon seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Seallands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : New Seallands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : New Seallands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Seallands was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : New Seallands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : New Seallands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Limiting Animal Pathogens".
- : New Seallands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : New Seallands was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : New Seallands was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : New Seallands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
Endorsements Received: 82 » Marinho Islands, Concrete Slab, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Volaworand, Blondiesland, Holota, Wehraboos, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, Treir, Tepertopia, Kaleidescooptopia, Abarri, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, PenguinPies, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Rebel-topia, Ebonhand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Danily, Holy Free, New Sanet, Anatasha, Drystar, Farengeto, West Pastafaria, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Tsunamy, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Drew Durrnil, The naked people, Darakin, Arvan Irawer, Hanguk-Nippon, Shefino, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, and 32 others.The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Valansten, Chernaya Zvezda, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Komarovo, Willing Mind, Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Castraebar, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Andinla, Sedunn, Zataras, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Prairiegrass, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Doge Land, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.