The Supremo Império of New Mathiga is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by Marechal Mirticus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, otherworldly petting zoo, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 911 million Soldados are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cidade Imperial. The average income tax rate is 55.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Soldado economy, worth 171 trillion Armas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 188,454 Armas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
All artwork is carefully screened for offensive material, the government is encouraging violence on television, it's widely agreed that to tennis players love means nothing, and the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Mathiga's national animal is the Águia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Mathiga, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : New Mathiga voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : New Mathiga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : New Mathiga voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in New Mathiga, it's widely agreed that to tennis players love means nothing.
- : Following new legislation in New Mathiga, the government is encouraging violence on television.
- : Following new legislation in New Mathiga, all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material.
- : New Mathiga's influence in Brasileiros Pela Nacao rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in New Mathiga, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in New Mathiga, political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction.
Endorsements Received: None.