|Animal||“Akhal Teke” Horse|
The Republic of New-Turkmenistan is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 101 million New-Turkmenistanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 27.9%.
The strong New-Turkmenistanian economy, worth 4.29 trillion Manats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 42,479 Manats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals, being nicknamed "Orange Face" has done Leader's credibility no favours, bars are packed at all hours, and attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New-Turkmenistan's national animal is the “Akhal Teke” Horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New-Turkmenistan's influence in Tyrannia fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : New-Turkmenistan's influence in Tyrannia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : New-Turkmenistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in New-Turkmenistan, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : New-Turkmenistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New-Turkmenistan became WA Delegate of Tyrannia.
- : New-Turkmenistan's influence in Tyrannia rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Democratic Republic of South-Eastern Concordia appointed New-Turkmenistan as Chief of Military and Propaganda with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Tyrannia.
- : New-Turkmenistan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of South-Eastern Concordia.
- : New-Turkmenistan was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » South-Eastern Concordia.