The Constitutional Monarchy of Nevelja is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Skander Ejup with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, aversion to nipples, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.187 billion Nevelyans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kriezyl. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Neveljan economy, worth 353 trillion Issies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 161,822 Issies, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 900,656 per year while the poor average 14,545, a ratio of 61.9 to 1.
A cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, it is considered unpatriotic to learn a foreign language, and Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nevelja's national animal is the Eurasian Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, it is considered unpatriotic to learn a foreign language.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, it is said that a Neveljan woman's work is never done.
- : Nevelja voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Nevelja endorsed The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, wait staff claim to like it when odorous customers flirt with them.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Saint Domingo, Ahma, Irminsulia, The Seven Provinces, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Outer Sparta, Kaspinia, The New Nordic Union, Death Bat, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Champions League, Slavonia and Srijem, An Clar, GanymedEuropa, Regnum Italiae, Lumitauka, Nardin, St Scarlett, Dark Matter, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Slavorussia, Quentenia, Greate San Marino, Chioganah, Wessex and Cornwall, Leszno, Alympian Kingdom, Aragonja, Milfgaerd, Bohomo, Pazano, Cytadela, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Leranditale, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The Mongol Plain, Purgatio, Corthaen, Brakanistan, Eritei, Boldia, Apabeossie, Lovisa, Parliamentary Laramidia, Thracia and Crimea, and 56 others.Estonesia, Kenmoria WA Mission, Socialist Balkans, Feria-Alkaline, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Supcotia, Dauershire, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Lord Sapre, New Touraine, Maritzal, Falvaard, Belmoren, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Gingera, Amicities, Kardjali, Volara, Suissen, Trixeland, The Austro-Germanic States, Alsted, Balto-League, Rouvenor, Nea Europa, Stromia, Aura Banitia, Novo Portugal, Permorania, British Alban, Monkistan, Free Furentenia, Candavia, Mallesia, Belgique et France, Libertyca, Navence, Blechingia, Neuchateau, Walfo, Porury, Greater Tomland, Preusses, Enway, Cassaracen, Einswenn, Elitestland, Shagolaa, Bombastion, Sienkahn, Legique, and Jim the Baptist.