The Republic of Nesagna is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 336 million Nesagnans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government prioritizes Welfare, with Healthcare, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 57.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Nesagnan economy, worth 11.4 trillion Hoot dolars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,053 Hoot dolars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, and ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nesagna's national animal is the Snow Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nesagna was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Tsardom of Leonlandia.
- : Nesagna was endorsed by The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : Nesagna was endorsed by The Purple nation of Aerilia.
- : Nesagna was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Norvayopia.
- : Nesagna was endorsed by The Intrepid Invidious Republic of Empy.
- : Nesagna was endorsed by The Federation of Kontara.
- : Nesagna voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Cloning Conventions".
- : Nesagna endorsed The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Following new legislation in Nesagna, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in Nesagna, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Pallaith, Alunya, El Fiji Grande, Sundred, Sinelona, Papika, Evetstan, Corfad, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, PlanetPunk, Shadowrik, Malta Comino Gozo, Solmetria, Ninjak30, Uganda Knuckles UK, Great Bights Mum, Maovale, Dreadton, Black Templares, The Black Cathedral, Ofemerica, Napnomadia, Tappan Hills, Lunallian, Notyoutopia, Kwaj, Koda-Land, Votak Matim, Bayern-Straubing, New Bremerton, North Bratislava, Torakuen, Cloydicia, Ainsworth, Selfgradatude, Joodey, Sil Dorsett, Kasazzastan, Yaorozu, THX1138, Gladio II, Pasargad, Mzeusia, Buckerino, Steraz, New Pruessen, Q w e r t y, and 56 others.Maott, Holy Oranz, United North American, Federation Terra Australis, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Atomic Industry Islands, United Draconia, Agrauron, Amauri, Egalico, Spartoptia, Newpromisedland, Frances Francis the First of France, Ozstan, General COE, Ara Antrizuls, Wineclaw, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Iron Lions, Ethnon, Guer Aike, Sheldanada, Guslantis, The United States of Romania, Niradans, IsiMUd, Sanjurika, Wilkshire, Kirostan, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Shibutani, VarDrade, Misuvelia, Saturns Edge, Siwale, Fortnite Eco, Norostilors, SillyString, Zemnaya Svoboda, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, Sea Ghost, Trillius, Marijuana Haven, Kontara, Empy, Norvayopia, Aerilia, The Pantheons, and Tsardom of Leonlandia.