The Democratic Republic of Naurasium is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Danaerys Targaryen with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, infamous sell-swords, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.404 billion Naurasiumians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Naurasium City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Naurasiumian economy, worth 354 trillion Nauras a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 147,484 Nauras, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 653,426 per year while the poor average 20,789, a ratio of 31.4 to 1.
The military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals, funeral mourners ridesharing with the deceased are encouraged to sit on the coffin to save room, and one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Naurasium's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Naurasium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Naurasium's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Naurasium's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Naurasium, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Naurasium was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Naurasium ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Naurasium was endorsed by The Empire of The New Cordian Empire.
- : Naurasium was endorsed by The Republic of Pokemanland.
- : Naurasium was endorsed by The Free Land of Animu Place.
- : Naurasium was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.