The Principality of Nationary is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Nation Person with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.456 billion Nationaryians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nation City. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nationaryian economy, worth 275 trillion National Guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 189,117 National Guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for Nation Person's eyes only', new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, it is said that a Nationaryian woman's work is never done, and when flight control tells pilots to alter course the usual reply is "No, YOU move!". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nationary's national animal is the National Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nationary, when flight control tells pilots to alter course the usual reply is "No, YOU move!".
- : Following new legislation in Nationary, it is said that a Nationaryian woman's work is never done.
- : Following new legislation in Nationary, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Nationary, recent events in Dàguó have been classified 'for Nation Person's eyes only'.
- : Nationary was endorsed by The Capitalist Semi-Democracy of New Rapids.
- : Nationary was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Southern Botharian Republic.
- : Following new legislation in Nationary, foreign leaders' Twitcher accounts are monitored for potential threats to national security.
- : Nationary was endorsed by The Republic of Empresa.
- : Nationary endorsed The Matriarchy of Unitarian Universalism.
- : Nationary endorsed The People's Republic of The Southern Botharian Republic.
Endorsements Received: 55 » New Lablerith, Jonewestia, Kayestha, Tevaris, Chicken Tenderland, Bel Falas, Rathanur, Laniron, Imperium of Josh, The Litterbox, Seatedoniskarchostopia, Hindoka, Kurtwal, The Moroccan Kingdom, Pinu, Mafuteru, Peoples Republic of Lower Saxony, Unicornism, Julio Empire, Jonlantis, Pax Rex, Galgos italis, Takh Avros, The Freakin Guardians of the Galaxy, Co-Dairy, The Grand Taco, Bridgett, Wawawewa, Gosline, Lower Houna Pla Bayia, Ordericium, Maleno, Zakronia, Erroria, Altino, Femcia, Aeraven, Ghad, Boston Harbor, The New Bengal Dynasty, Eshington, ReBob, New Morsland, Coliantia, Antarctic SARNZ, Maksim land, Nanualele, Genovini, Sovereignity Of Precepts, Sostenad, and 5 others.Unitarian Universalism, Talmanie, Empresa, The Southern Botharian Republic, and New Rapids.