The Principality of Nation1 is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 670 million Bobs have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belcheropolis. The average income tax rate is 33.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Nation1ian economy, worth 25.9 trillion guilders a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 38,590 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Glancing at the car radio display while driving is treated as attempted homicide, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, baiting is a national sport, and heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nation1's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nation1 was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Nation1 was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Nation1 was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Nation1 was endorsed by The Goblin Commune Federation of Eggraria.
- : Nation1's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Nation1 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Electrum".
- : Nation1 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "LEO Force Restrictions"".
- : Following new legislation in Nation1, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Nation1, baiting is a national sport.
- : Following new legislation in Nation1, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Yaravia, Ever Testing, Tepertopia, Beblahbleblo, Holota, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Chernaya Zvezda, Aidenfieeld, Kringalia, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Arscanesia, Bawkie, United Republic of Northern America, Andinla, Ostavaria, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Sou Avida, Ebonhand, Sedunn, Farengeto, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Cereskia 2, Zataras, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Nowa Europa, Volaworand, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Prokuror, Doge Land, Rebel-topia, Petea, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Eggraria, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.