The Sultanate of Monkistan is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nelson Monkdela with an even hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.091 billion Monkistanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Monkow. The average income tax rate is 2.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Monkistani economy, worth a remarkable 1,366 trillion Denarii a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 268,512 Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, Nelson Monkdela's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate, and reddish-brown is the new black. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Monkistan's national animal is the Monkee, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Monkism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, reddish-brown is the new black.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, Nelson Monkdela's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil.
- : Monkistan endorsed The Federal Republic of Leymen.
- : Monkistan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Leymen.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns.
- : Monkistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, the paparazzi publicize Royal scandals with the utmost delight.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, every workday begins with group therapy.
Endorsements Received: 90 » The Seven Provinces, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Ahma, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, Rouvenor, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Champions League, Thracia Republic, Slavorussia, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Outer Sparta, Dark Matter, GanymedEuropa, Lovisa, An Clar, Pazano, Feria-Alkaline, Leszno, Lexembourg, North of Americas, Bohomo, Pilipinas and Malaya, Kaspinia, Purgatio, Dorpz, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Death Bat, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, Miharr, Soviet Krussia, Germany Third Reich, Cytadela, Chioganah, British Alban, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Estonesia, Beauprix, Kenmoria WA Mission, and 40 others.Volara, Socialist Balkans, Apabeossie, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Brakanistan, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Nardin, Gingera, Elisabethshagen, Alsted, Navence, Mallesia, Novo Portugal, Nevelja, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Kossacks, Stromia, Neuchateau, The Wretched of this Earth, Walfo, Porury, Lord Sapre, The Mongol Plain, Preusses, Novum Hesperia, Enway, Einswenn, Free Workers Macedon, Elitestland, Locahsianea, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Swillinia, and Leymen.