The Nomadic Peoples of Modyria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.797 billion Modyrians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karavaytsevo. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Modyrian economy, worth 18.1 trillion modrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 4,758 modrians, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, and builders across Modyria are blocked up with orders for new public loos. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Modyria's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Modyria's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Modyria, builders across Modyria are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Modyria, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Modyria, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
- : Following new legislation in Modyria, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Modyria was cleansed by a Level 1 Strike Force Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from Ser command, killing 1 million zombies.
- : Modyria was ravaged by a Zombie Burster Horde from The vessels resurgent, infecting 3 million survivors.
- : Modyria was struck by a Mk I (Immunizer) Cure Missile from The United Socialist States of Willenhachunt, curing 1 million infected.
- : Modyria was cleansed by a Level 5 Invasion Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Socialist Republic of Mangnmangn, killing 44 million zombies.
- : Modyria was cleansed by a Level 5 Invasion Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Socialist Republic of Mangnmangn, killing 78 million zombies.