The United Socialist States of MLSWOOD is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lady Mel with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The devout population of 1.985 billion Melts are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of MLSWOOD. The average income tax rate is 80.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong MLSWOODian economy, worth 171 trillion Melts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 86,248 Melts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol, pre-schoolers who draw stick figures of their favorite celebrities are sued for infringing image rights, war vets look after war animals, and the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in MLSWOOD. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. MLSWOOD's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Melinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : MLSWOOD was endorsed by The Queendom of Havenfell.
- : MLSWOOD was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : MLSWOOD was endorsed by The Goblin Commune Federation of Eggraria.
- : MLSWOOD was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : MLSWOOD was endorsed by The Eternal Dynasty of Comfed.
- : Following new legislation in MLSWOOD, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in MLSWOOD.
- : Following new legislation in MLSWOOD, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in MLSWOOD, pre-schoolers who draw stick figures of their favorite celebrities are sued for infringing image rights.
- : Following new legislation in MLSWOOD, groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol.
- : Following new legislation in MLSWOOD, enemy agents are generally eliminated with extreme prejudice.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Tsunamy, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Yaravia, Tepertopia, Holota, Shuckle Empire, Wehraboos, Canmore, Beblahbleblo, Anatasha, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Land Without Shrimp, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, The naked people, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Holy Free, PenguinPies, Hanguk-Nippon, Farengeto, Shefino, Aidenfieeld, Darakin, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Cereskia 2, Piscantium, Arscanesia, Kringalia, Drew Durrnil, Concrete Slab, Volaworand, Immund, Raidener, The Haughtherlands, Rebel-topia, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Stephastan, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ebonhand, Chernaya Zvezda, Banglazstrogaria, Indolos, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, and 34 others.Elora Nation, Cucutenium, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Doge Land, Andinla, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Sedunn, Zataras, Venezia Pacifica, Makinius, Ipugao, Ostavaria, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Shintoese, Froshar, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Alrone, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Prokuror, TescoPepsi, Petea, Tyrantistica, Mnemnovia, Comfed, Eae, Eggraria, Shadeth, and Havenfell.