The Protectorate of Mielcarek is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 598 million Mielcarekians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pozan. The average income tax rate is 37.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Mielcarekian economy, worth 55.1 trillion Mielcarek Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 92,098 Mielcarek Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Cars have been banned, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", taking a walk on the wild side is punishable by death, and manufacturers are sued for almost anything not covered in their catalogue-sized manuals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mielcarek's national animal is the Grey Elderwolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mielcarek was endorsed by The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Mielcarek was endorsed by The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Mielcarek lost the endorsement of The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Mielcarek was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry, Largest Gambling Industry, and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Mielcarek, manufacturers are sued for almost anything not covered in their catalogue-sized manuals.
- : Following new legislation in Mielcarek, taking a walk on the wild side is punishable by death.
- : Following new legislation in Mielcarek, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in Mielcarek, cars have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Mielcarek, Mielcarekian companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation.
- : Mielcarek was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Elitestland.
Endorsements Received: 57 » The Champions League, Imperium Anglorum, Republic of Satherland, Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Nardin, Alsted, Apabeossie, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Slavorussia, The New Nordic Union, The Kingdom of Denmark, Regnum Italiae, Stromia, Outer Sparta, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Free Furentenia, Pydrus, Permorania, Supcotia, The Seven Provinces, Estonesia, An Clar, Bahnhofstrasse, Aura Banitia, Viciebskaja, Kalifer and Baska, Mantcor, Walfo, Fearann nan Albannaich, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Porury, Greate San Marino, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Preusses, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Enway, Puhja, and 7 others.Feria-Alkaline, Einswenn, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Jim the Baptist, and Kanokla.