The Corporate States of Midwich is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Farid Kazwell with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ritual sacrifices, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 875 million Midwichians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lachaven. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 41.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Midwichian economy, worth 126 trillion Capitals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 144,040 Capitals, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,139,040 per year while the poor average 4,443, a ratio of 256 to 1.
Farid Kazwell is too busy listening to praise to get any work done, mollycoddled youths run the country, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, and the stratosphere is full of "silent but deadly" attacks from Farid Kazwell's rear echelons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Midwich's national animal is the Merlaut, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Midwich's influence in Equit rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Midwich lost WA Delegate status in Equit.
- : Midwich was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Midwich, the stratosphere is full of "silent but deadly" attacks from Farid Kazwell's rear echelons.
- : Following new legislation in Midwich, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Midwich, mollycoddled youths run the country.
- : Following new legislation in Midwich, Farid Kazwell is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : Following new legislation in Midwich, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Midwich, dentists routinely perform open heart surgery.
- : Midwich approved the World Assembly proposal "Consular protection Arrangements".
Endorsements Received: None.