The Sultanate of Mhelon is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its infamous sell-swords, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 220 million Mhelonites are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.5%.
The all-consuming Mhelonite economy, worth 19.0 trillion Severed Ears a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 86,516 Severed Ears, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 249,480 per year while the poor average 23,817, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
Advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, water fights now end with thousands dead, tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn, and grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mhelon's national animal is the fungus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Tsardom of Leonlandia.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, water fights now end with thousands dead.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, investigative journalism into politicians' misbehaviour has abruptly ended.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Purple nation of Aerilia.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Norvayopia.
Endorsements Received: 112 » Sundred, Corfad, Gladio II, Territorio di Nessuno, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Alunya, Pallaith, Sil Dorsett, Papika, El Fiji Grande, Ostrinios, Shin-Hachioji, Acrabinnia, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Ofemerica, Malta Comino Gozo, Uganda Knuckles UK, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Joodey, Lemonbiscuits, Napnomadia, Maovale, The Black Cathedral, General COE, North Bratislava, Newpromisedland, Bayern-Straubing, Omnistria, Tappan Hills, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, The Bureaucratic Territories, Cloydicia, Sinelona, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Holy Oranz, New Bremerton, Shadowrik, Ninjak30, Selfgradatude, Maott, Steraz, Buckerino, THX1138, Ainsworth, Walter Jackson, The Iron Lions, and 62 others.Karazan, PlanetPunk, Mzeusia, Dreadton, Egalico, Esplandia, United Draconia, Q w e r t y, Federation Terra Australis, Spartoptia, Sunto, Ara Antrizuls, Black Templares, Ozstan, Guer Aike, National Goats, Sea Ghost, Lunallian, Kasazzastan, The Kyziban Islands, Sheldanada, Solmetria, Death By Astonishment, Torakuen, Pasargad, Frances Francis the First of France, SchoolHouse Rock, Guslantis, The United States of Romania, Niradans, IsiMUd, New Pruessen, Sanjurika, Wilkshire, Kirostan, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Ethnon, Agrauron, Saturns Edge, Siwale, Norostilors, Fortnite Eco, SillyString, Wineclaw, Zemnaya Svoboda, Amauri, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Steampunk Ariel, Misuvelia, Plangainer, Trillius, Ka Ching, Free Culture, Kontara, Norvayopia, Aerilia, The Pantheons, and Tsardom of Leonlandia.