The United Socialist States of Meorlanorde is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 241 million Meorlanordeans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 62.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Meorlanordean economy, worth 15.6 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 64,847 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, and criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meorlanorde's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
- : Meorlanorde was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest and Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Following new legislation in Meorlanorde, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state.
- : Meorlanorde voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Meorlanorde was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Duravia, Albania 3, Absurd Land, East Nazareth, Islati Scyia, New Ordiel Kalibleland, Attempted Socialism, Bernieland Republic, Pertsjan, Zerphen, Saltspring Island, Nova Erie, Upcrus, Weaventingost, Vamia Adzukind, Tsaien, Rhedaria, Minahasa, Doultrenia, Carrico, Medlidande, Esgeirimmen, MKAS, Alphonsia, Restart, Lackinsar, El Rift, Bunkaiia, Fairfax Soviet Republic, Andogeesia, Morabai, Democratic Manceff, Quigon, Andakeristan, Darfaria, Soberanos-Socialistas, Bihastria, Clania Miyal, Ainares, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, Karlos, Ontopia, International Socialist Union, Terranova-Serre, Sino-Terranesia, and Slanetria.