The Civilisation Game of Mastodonia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Shepard Blaine with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.352 billion Mastodonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Mastodonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,721 trillion Postagestamps a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 206,073 Postagestamps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, and handling people's data is proving an immersive experience. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mastodonia's national animal is the mastodon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Project Pope.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mastodonia endorsed The Republic of Pickens Nation.
- : Mastodonia was endorsed by The Republic of Pickens Nation.
- : Mastodonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Mastodonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Following new legislation in Mastodonia, handling people's data is proving an immersive experience.
- : Following new legislation in Mastodonia, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- : Mastodonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Following new legislation in Mastodonia, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Mastodonia, parents are shocked to find out that having kids costs money.
- : Following new legislation in Mastodonia, workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Dustwind, The Soylent Green Party, Kyrizstanislav, Anollasia, Wysrod, Karlando, Coreras, Better Indonesia, Free Land of Rebellium, Vivolkha, The Republic of Osea, Medetas, Solarampa, Lacuna, Evertopia, Johnne Green, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Namakan, Republic of Libriano, Solsevara, Ilfarasia, Creeptopia, Maconshinbernititte, Holma, Nuremburgia, Selu-Ahare, Krystalveil, Mauryana, Tausend Seen, Killettland, Samonaemia, Venmere, Testa, Grimmywelsh, Katitania, Violent Trees, Geolapo, Faradova, Cathamye, Yakkandiania, Xanthorrhoea, Herfenzir, Macrasetia, Empire Of Shield, Coldian, Immortal Anfield, Frothensia, The Galactic American Imperium, Hashari Darussalam, and 26 others.The Democratic State Of Josora, Fractethyst, Kaprein, Western New Yakern, Nami Bays, Alathria, Breosia, New Caratonia, Greater Theowherveld, Demeters Children, Luzfria, Havesia, Markanite, The Divine Elephant, Jaegerpondonia, Attoree, Arnefol, Dolorado, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Bondgalm, Verbool, Malevos, and Pickens Nation.