The Federal Republic of Martunra is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Henry Mcginnis with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 982 million Martunrans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Penguin city. The average income tax rate is 32.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Martunran economy, worth 110 trillion Penguins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 112,648 Penguins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, homophobia is off the menu, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Martunra's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Martunra was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Martunra was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Martunra was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Martunra was endorsed by The Community of Islands of Czechia.
- : Following new legislation in Martunra, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Martunra was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Martunra's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Martunra, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high.
- : Following new legislation in Martunra, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Martunra, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Free Land of Rebellium, Libertaritaritaritaria, New Fania, Kuriko, Isentran, Wysrod, Karlando, Nooooooooooooooo, Old Tryst, Tangora, Blogotopia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Anigeto, Vivolkha, Valentian Elysium, Quemfaria, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Ravencorp, Krystalveil, Canthos, Ignis Cinere, Solarampa, Northern Nivaria, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Neojinkotsu, Tamsalin, Xemja, Empire of Red, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, AciaciaMont, Anisopterra, Waitiki, Namakan, Greenmont Federation, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Islands of Czechia, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.