The República Socialista of Marrico is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by O Conselho with an even hand, and notable for its digital currency, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.878 billion Marricanos enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Magia. The average income tax rate is 46.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marricano economy, worth 579 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 149,510 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, proletariat workers identify less with the hammer and sickle and more with the touchscreen and phone charger, and truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail. Crime is totally unknown. Marrico's national animal is the Onça, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marrico's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Marrico's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The United States of The Princia dismissed Marrico as Immigration Officer of Princium.
- : Marrico relocated from Princium to Social Liberal Union.
- : Marrico's influence in Princium fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Marrico's influence in Princium rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Marrico's influence in Princium fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Marrico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Marrico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Marrico was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
Endorsements Received: None.