The Republic of Maronya is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 451 million Maronyans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Administration, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 44.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Maronyan economy, worth 23.1 trillion Marons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 51,203 Marons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", some Maronyan athletes have defected to Blackacre after being denied the chance to compete in international sporting events, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Maronya City, and future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maronya's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maronya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Maronya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Maronya was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Maronya ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Maronya was endorsed by The Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Maronya was endorsed by The ONCEness of Ilfarasia.
- : Maronya was endorsed by The Principality of Aurum Port.
- : Maronya was endorsed by The Queendom of Dolorado.
- : Maronya was endorsed by The Republic of United Kolane.
- : Maronya was endorsed by The Empire of Arnefol.