The Constitutional Monarchy of Marionsburgh is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Marina Edelburg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.62 billion Marionese are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Harlan. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marionsburghian economy, worth 179 trillion Weeds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,100 Weeds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted, the latest national park is visited by more sharks than people, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, and companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marionsburgh's national animal is the Moth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marionsburgh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center.
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, the latest national park is visited by more sharks than people.
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, the bum of Marina Edelburg has been voted the most recognisable in Marionsburgh.
- : Marionsburgh voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Marionsburgh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, t-shirts displaying a photo of Marina Edelburg performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Marionsburgh, Marina Edelburg is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Bearded Dragones, Caffeine Addicts, WonGya, New Luciannova, North South North West Kansas, Things Are Going Poorly, Sparanoda, Aerlanica, Greater Anjulas, Jhevantu, Reefinstien, WhoWhoWhoWho, Free Bolivington, Kop Wert, Tokists, Monsone, Rathoria, Recycling Bins, Greater Temasek, New Bravia, Sicilian Restoration, Panselo, Roxium, Great Clucky, Monde Naturel, Latcia, Jacquin, Iva Kree, NewOldLand, Saika Red, Saulterlan, Brudishi, United Noble and Princely Yugo-Alba, The Olivavan Union, Ottffs, Teslda, Big Boys Ville, Maricon, Malavida, Wish For Love And Peace, Peelia, Gerrrm any, Harvestmoon, The jaestr, and Cananirevins.