The Republic of Malevos is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Harris Benklido with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 1.682 billion Malevosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saiserich. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Malevosian economy, worth 280 trillion Malevons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 167,061 Malevons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School uniforms are compulsory, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, the comic book series 'Harris Benklido and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, and the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malevos's national animal is the Malevosian Jackal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Altasian Spiritism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification.
- : Malevos endorsed The Eye of Krystalveil.
- : Malevos was endorsed by The Eye of Krystalveil.
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, the comic book series 'Harris Benklido and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, the government denies that it has an agency overseeing plausible deniability of black-ops agencies.
- : Malevos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Malevos, all you have to do is pray to get into Malevos.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Tzo, United Atle Lamton, Blogotopia, Vivolkha, The Soylent Green Party, Zeganas, Macrasetia, Old Atlantica, Solsevara, Faradova, Anollasia, Grimmywelsh, Boroii, Asukana WA, Greater Etherial, Liberdon, The Galactic American Imperium, Jaegerpondonia, Ilfarasia, Markanite, Vayshnoriya Islands, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Namakan, Lisokyo, Hashari Darussalam, Supraton, Dustwind, Durius, Coldian, Better Indonesia, Samonaemia, Colonel Terrosit, The African Emirates, Alski, Herfenzir, Lower Phlebacite, The Divine Elephant, The Snake Brotherhood, Nuremburgia, Republic of Denoary, Zeklandia, Aurum Port, Kyrizstanislav, Counties of Cracow, Clialaad, Bondgalm, Violent Trees, United Kolance, The Rhythm Nation, Generic Country Name That Is Available, and 15 others.Rotzka, Kanycta, Telseria, Second Peenadian, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Mastodonia, Cathamye, Vicim, Geonomia, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Pickens Nation, Greater Theowherveld, Kaprein, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, and Krystalveil.