The Teitoku of Lurklife 14 is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lavander Luras with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.884 billion Lurklife 14ians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paramushiru Hakuchi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34.4%.
The Lurklife 14ian economy, worth 240 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 61,863 pesos, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Paramushiru Hakuchi to enjoy their national art, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Paramushiru Hakuchi's water use, fly fishermen are legally forbidden from using electronic lures, and a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lurklife 14's national animal is the emu, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is eravarina.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lurklife 14's influence in Suspicious rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lurklife 14 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Lurklife 14's influence in Suspicious rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lurklife 14's influence in Suspicious rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lurklife 14's influence in Suspicious rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lurklife 14 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Lurklife 14 relocated from Absorbed to Suspicious.
- : Lurklife 14's influence in Absorbed rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Lurklife 14 relocated from Suspicious to Absorbed.
- : Lurklife 14 endorsed The Free Land of To rust upon the green 11.