The Republic of Lunador is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, digital currency, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 268 million Lunadorians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 46.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Lunadorian economy, worth 16.0 trillion perls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 59,615 perls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases, birth rates have hit an all-time low, L-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, and straitjackets are a common religious garb. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lunador's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lunador was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Lunador, straitjackets are a common religious garb.
- : Lunador was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Lunador was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Point Comfort Colony.
- : Lunador was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Following new legislation in Lunador, L-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Following new legislation in Lunador, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Lunador, listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases.
- : Lunador was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Bailsland.
- : Lunador was endorsed by The Community of Pianaville.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Kuriko, Wysrod, Free Land of Malopolska, Krystalveil, Republic of Nutella, Yakkandiania, Isentran, Randopian, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Novegia, Lower Phlebacite, Lamborghini Murcielago, Northern Nivaria, Ignis Cinere, Evertopia, The Biggles Syndicate, Itic, Arctic Coalition, Karlando, Seantonia, Dustwind, Mulia Easamandringordia, Palman, New Udonia, Vivolkha, Creeptopia, Ascended Union, Vill Send, Gal Cradia, Flying Eagles, Saybel, Ehrgeizig, Chip Skylark, Old Tryst, Samonaemia, Recon Island, Discotheque, The Pizza, Achiotopia, Slaytania, QuazaFire, Testa, New Fania, Eames, Anisopterra, Iontan, Leprechaun Gold, The Snake Brotherhood, and 27 others.North Southumberland, Republic of Karskarovyt, Medetas, Aspistania, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Anollasia, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Grungerock, Flex Lexington, Nooooooooooooooo, Greenmont Federation, Great Ranges, Auroma, The Parandeam, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Namakan, Echocrimsonia, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, PYT, Islands of Czechia, Pianaville, Bailsland, Lisokyo, Point Comfort Colony, and Bortheria.