The Most Serene Republic of Lotus Aeterna is a huge, genial nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 220 million Lotus Aeternae hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 18.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Lotus Aeternan economy, worth 8.88 trillion heiwas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,366 heiwas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government thinks Lotus Aeternae can achieve social cohesion by drinking soda together, economists claim no news is good news, Violetist maidens who fall for an outsider must leave their violet light districts in shame, and legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Lotus Aeterna's national animal is the crane, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lotus Aeterna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Lotus Aeterna was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marijuana Haven.
- : Lotus Aeterna was endorsed by The Confederation of National Goats.
- : Following new legislation in Lotus Aeterna, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
- : Following new legislation in Lotus Aeterna, Violetist maidens who fall for an outsider must leave their violet light districts in shame.
- : Following new legislation in Lotus Aeterna, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Lotus Aeterna, the government thinks Lotus Aeternae can achieve social cohesion by drinking soda together.
- : Lotus Aeterna voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes"".
- : Lotus Aeterna endorsed The United Kingdom of Plangainer.
- : Lotus Aeterna endorsed The Democratic Republic of Trillius.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Pallaith, The Rhein States, Territorio di Nessuno, Malta Comino Gozo, Alunya, Sundred, Sil Dorsett, Papika, Corfad, Notyoutopia, Acrabinnia, El Fiji Grande, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Dovracshivengen, Omnistria, Cloydicia, Great Bights Mum, Solmetria, The Black Cathedral, Maovale, Uganda Knuckles UK, Koda-Land, Ofemerica, Kwaj, Tappan Hills, Ainsworth, Joodey, Selfgradatude, Votak Matim, Bayern-Straubing, Kasazzastan, Yaorozu, THX1138, Gladio II, Pasargad, Shadowrik, Mzeusia, Napnomadia, Buckerino, Steraz, New Pruessen, Dreadton, Q w e r t y, Lunallian, Maott, Holy Oranz, United North American, Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, and 54 others.Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Atomic Industry Islands, United Draconia, Amauri, Egalico, North Bratislava, Spartoptia, Ninjak30, Newpromisedland, Torakuen, Frances Francis the First of France, Ozstan, Black Templares, General COE, Ara Antrizuls, Wineclaw, Eri-Maqa-Ena, New Bremerton, Victoriaans Nederlands, The Iron Lions, Guer Aike, Abject Ludicrosity, Sheldanada, Guslantis, The United States of Romania, Niradans, IsiMUd, Sanjurika, Wilkshire, Balimut, Kirostan, Ethnon, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Agrauron, Shibutani, Norostilors, Saturns Edge, Siwale, Misuvelia, Fortnite Eco, SillyString, Zemnaya Svoboda, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, Trillius, Ka Ching, National Goats, and Marijuana Haven.