|Leader||Prime Minister Craig Cross|
The Democratic Republic of Leonardana is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Craig Cross with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 897 million Leonardanans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brislinburgh. The average income tax rate is 31.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Leonardanan economy, worth 61.1 trillion E-Lounds a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 68,110 E-Lounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, and the nation's laws on image rights are amongst the strictest in the world. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Leonardana's national animal is the Gold Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leonardana was endorsed by The Kingdom of Mickey-Mouse.
- : Leonardana was endorsed by The Free Land of Grouu.
- : Leonardana was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solondor.
- : Leonardana endorsed The Pining Martens of Nakarisaune.
- : Leonardana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Paffnia".
- : Following new legislation in Leonardana, the nation's laws on image rights are amongst the strictest in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Leonardana, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Leonardana, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children.
- : Following new legislation in Leonardana, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Leonardana was endorsed by The Pining Martens of Nakarisaune.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Aidenfieeld, Si-topia, Great Vritannia, Tsunamy, Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bawkie, UnitedStatesofMrloong, East Sakhlin, Hanguk-Nippon, Larenien, Luddinlande, Curlyhoward, Lotadia, Farengeto, Aywhyou, Avalonica, Darakin, Centristvill, United States of Vietnam, Bod Wareenaland, Escevola, Pamela And Hepatitis, Wild Space, La Ascension, Ezeleah, Poopisiya, Madhonia, Sandaoguo, Westoc Kinness, Volaworand, Paranoia, Sedunn, Blahblah2017, Drystar, Jehenna, Calistan, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Solar System Scope, Catalunya unida, Rebel-topia, Moreana, FreeFishers, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Tsvetania, Rhetiaa, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Jwavin, Drugged Monkeys, and 31 others.Oskyelion, Saciu, New Briantown, Concrete Slab, Jaxon, Nudnoji, Midand, Pelland, Kringalia, Great Andora, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, UnShleepd, Silberne Wache, Grimsby town, Elveka, Aguatania, The National Corporation, Revellan, Upper Usok Valley, Anachronolandia, Democratic Drals Tum, Macrothea, Shengtie, Isokenzar, Noveos, Nakarisaune, Solondor, Grouu, and Mickey-Mouse.