The Free Land of Lanlanland is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 236 million Lanlandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Lanlanlandian economy, worth 12.6 trillion deniers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,477 deniers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs, and shady doctors seem to have impeccable records. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanlanland's national animal is the badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year.
- : Lanlanland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Lanlanland was endorsed by The Empire of Heilhum Imperius.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, some Lanlanlandian athletes have defected to Blackacre after being denied the chance to compete in international sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, the government pours millions of deniers into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Lanlanland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of WeKnow.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
Endorsements Received: 110 » Ihese, Libertania Democratica, Plutayah, Dreadton, Corfad, Interdimensional Zone, Hoglands, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Old Yellow Bricks, Daiz, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, Hamerica, The Calabash Protectorate, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Valentine Z, Sikol, Westinor, Shibutani, Guer Aike, Territorio di Nessuno, North Bratislava, Shinjuku tokyo 0, New Lakemba, Siwale, Prydania, Zzozona, Frances Francis the First of France, Abject Ludicrosity, Zumlandia, Empy, The Rhein States, The Tampa Bay Rays, Noahs Second Country, Brucklania, Arbor Marshes, El Fiji Grande, Omnistria, Sundred, Former English Colony, Dabarastan, Valhalla123, Loutsland, Pallaith, Arichia, Orado, Fauzjhia, Joodey, and 60 others.Seanat, Schnuftelland, 1 very fast endotarter, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Saperisole, McMasterdonia, Dar es Saalam, Wineclaw, Xagill, Zeternia, Kranostav, Jovian Knights, Montinario, Seenvorland, Korovan Isles, Selfgradatude, Praeceps, Yokciq Empire, Sunto, Pazair, Clan Spaniel, Kocherian, The Pantheons, Highton Islands, Borsukia, The Iron Lions, Damsmel, Unimaginable Doom, New Jamgra, Lionia, PotatoFarmers, The New Cordian Empire, Shadowrik, Xyrron, Nistriabar, Madjack, Sil Dorsett, Ravendi, Labora, Castle Federation, Energi Empire, Ihsan, Eschatosia, Principia Mathematica, Kragsgale, Xipher, Simone Republic, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, United Kahndaq, Buckhem, Andexia, Moubarakistan, Solskjar, U S Eh, Napnomadia, Ultra777, WeKnow, and Heilhum Imperius.