The Republic of Lanaograd is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 16.566 billion Lanaogradians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marawi City. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lanaogradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,209 trillion philpesoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 73,025 philpesoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents who fail mandatory parenting classes risk having their children taken away, planes can be grounded for months simply because an inspector "didn't like the color", the aims of top-secret Lanaogradian science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman, and politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanaograd's national animal is the camaroncocido, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lanaograd voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Treatment of Prisoners".
- : Lanaograd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Lanaograd voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Lanaograd was endorsed by The Free State of Befreitland.
- : Lanaograd removed The Democratic Republic of Niosnia puppet man from the regional ban list in Philippines.
- : Lanaograd was endorsed by The Kingdom of Westenham.
- : Lanaograd was endorsed by The Empire of The spanish boss.
- : Lanaograd proposed constructing embassies between Philippines and Hollow Point.
- : Lanaograd lodged a message on the Philippines Regional Message Board.
- : Lanaograd published "One for Lanao - Isa para kay Lanao" (Bulletin: Policy).