The Republic of Lamlagn is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 1.41 billion Lamlagnians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 45.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Lamlagnian economy, worth 13.8 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 9,804 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lamlagn's national animal is the Python.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lamlagn's influence in Card Defenders Alliance fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Lamlagn's influence in Card Defenders Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Vassal".
- : Lamlagn's influence in Card Defenders Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Lamlagn relocated from The North Pacific to Card Defenders Alliance.
- : Lamlagn's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lamlagn relocated from The South Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Lamlagn's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lamlagn's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lamlagn was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Authoritarian and the Top 5% for Most Conservative, Most Extreme, Most Income Equality, and Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Lamlagn was founded in The South Pacific.